The Vacation so far

 


   We are about halfway through our trip and so far it is going very well. I've been able to spend a good amount of time in the hot tub in the pool area soaking away cramped muscles. C likes talking to other couples that are also soaking in the hot tub. It's fun for me to watch hi make new friends like he does.

   Yesterday we visited a couple that are part of the amateur music scene here in Door County. They moved up to Sturgeon Bay a few years ago. We only intended to visit a couple hours and spend the rest of the time exploring parts of Sturgeon Bay. Instead we wound up eating a long lunch with them at the restaurant below their condo. We had never met, but is was interesting that we had several things in common. We just couldn't stop talking. When lunch was over we had an hour and a half before our dinner reservation.

   Our dinner was at the dining room of a popular resort on the shore of Lake Michigan. It's a warm, cozy room. They put mocktails on their drink menu and I had one. It was a mix of lime tonic and cherry juice, It was pretty good, not too sweet. We had steaks and they were good.

    I've read one book and finished another book. I haven't had so much uninterrupted reading time in I don't know when. One of the books was "Stronger" by Cindy McCain.  I always enjoy reading books about strong women. I didn't think I would enjoy it as much as I did. Definite Recommend.

    While we are away, a cat sitter cares for Willow and Barnaby. Today the cat sitter reported that Barnaby allowed her to pet him. This is a big breakthrough as Barnaby is usually shy and runs away from people. We were both very happy about this.

   It's been wonderful to relax It's been raining since Saturday afternoon so we haven't explored as much as we normally. It's supposed to dry out tomorrow so the exploring will start in earnest.

    Tonight we are going to a fish boil. We haven't been to one in 18 years. I'm looking forward to it.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The First is the Worst

Birthday

A Letter to RB