Update from Scamp

 


   Hi! This is Skamp!

   I'm taking over the column for today. I thought that some of you may want to know how I am doing. 

   I'm doing pretty good. The humans are home and we are mostly back to our usual routine. There have been a few changes. Sophie has been getting up a bit earlier than usual. When this happens she spends time scrolling through Facebook on her phone. I don't think this is a good thing so I'm training her to play with me. I found a cool toy in the store room last week. It's a long strip of fleece on a stick. Sophie's job is to lay out the strip and pull on it so I can chase it and stalk it. She's pretty good at it. Sometimes she makes the strip run under pillows. I like this because then I get to practice my digging skills. I like getting my workout in early before breakfast. 

   Another change is that I've taken over Colby's job of Chief House Cat. The CHC job means that I am responsible for alerting my humans  to dangerous intruders. Lately I have noticed that our house is being attacked by vicious birds. I notified C who told me that the birds are woodpeckers. The woodpeckers peck holes in the siding. My job is to alert C so he can deal with these intruders.

   Along with my CHC duties, I have resumed my role as Chief Therapy Cat. This means that I am to help my humans when they feel sad or upset. Lately they have seemed nervous over something called "The election" I noticed that Sophie put a frame around her Facebook profile picture urging people to vote. She asked me to post a message to other cats on my Facebook page encouraging cats to tell their humans to vote. C has been watching news nonstop almost every night. I don't get it. All I see are mean people. Who wants to watch mean people?

   I think I would make a good president. I asked Sophie if cats can be president. She told me that she's never heard of a cat president, but she did hear of a group that inaugurated a pig as president. That was a long time ago, before she was born. She also told me that I am not old enough to run for president. It's just as well. I have enough to do taking care of my two humans. 

  My Facebook page has a new name. It's called Simply Scamp. I made it up. I'm proud of it. Hopefully, I'll be able to post more things on it. However, now that I have two jobs I may not have a lot of free time. 

   I suppose I'd better stop now. It's time for my morning nap.

   Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barnaby's New "Toy"

It Doesn't Feel Like Pumpkin Season

I've Got the Best Husband