You Can Learn Anything on the Internet





    A few years ago when I was learning to knit I forgot how to do a purl stitch. I wasn't going to see my knitting teacher for another week and I didn't want to wait that long. I did what everyone does, I went to the internet. There were several websites with step by step instructions for how to do a purl stitch.
  I have several references saved with instructions on how to cast on, bind off, knit, purl, make a magic loop, how to fix a twisted cast on and how to knit a small circumference on two circular needles.
  I am amazed at all the things you can learn from the internet. C once looked up directions for roasting a potato in the oven. I have looked up how to cook spaghetti squash.
  Out of curiosity I wanted to see what else could be learned from the internet. I am amazed at what I found.
  You can actually learn how to properly pick up and put down a cat. One website has three different ways that you can pick up a cat. I have to admit that it never occurs to me that someone would need step by step instructions for how to pick up a cat. Besides learning how to pick up a cat, you can learn how to trim a cat's claws and how to trim the fur of a long haired cat. Just for fun I checked to see if there were instructions for how to clean a litter box. I found four websites and three videos. (I didn't watch them, I already know how.)
  You can learn how to tie a tie. Not only can you learn how to tie a simple four in hand, (A  knot that my Dad showed me how to tie) you can learn all kinds of fancy knots. You can even learn how to tie a bow tie. There are other things you can learn how to tie as well. You can learn how to tie a scarf (including a head scarf). You can learn how to tie all kinds of knots. You can learn how to tie a kite string, a kimono and a karate belt. I even found instructions for how to tie pointe shoe ribbons (if you happen to be a ballet dancer) and instructions for how to tie a shoe.
  You can learn how to make things from the internet too. I saw instructions for making paper airplanes, buttermilk, bows, a resume and slime. You can learn how to make play dough without cooking, without cream of tartar and without flour.  You can learn how to make a rope and weave a basket (but not at the same time). One of the things I saw was how to make a diaper cake. I actually looked at this because I was curious. A diaper cake can be used as a centerpiece at a baby shower. It is made out of cloth diapers and other types of baby clothes. Some of the ones I saw looked pretty creative.
  I also found some directions for how to do some not so nice things. You can learn how to confront a bully, an alcoholic, a pathological liar or your boss. You can learn how to quit your job and how to roll a cigar (or something else....).
  There are a lot of things that you can learn on the internet. I have to admit some of things you can learn have me wondering, like directions for writing a sentence. Why do we need to have directions for how to write a sentence? This usually gets taught in school. I thought this was the silliest thing until I saw instructions for how to boil water. I am not kidding.  One website had four different ways to boil water..... Really.....
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barnaby's New "Toy"

It Doesn't Feel Like Pumpkin Season

I've Got the Best Husband