New Glasses

 


   Nearly every time I get my eyes checked, the prescription on my glasses changes. Occasionally it's so small a change that I can get away with without getting a new pair of glasses. Most of the time I have to do something I truly dislike, shopping for new frames.

   It used to be that I would save frames that I like and simply have new lenses put into them. Since I now wear progressive bifocals, I had to get rid of the frames I had as they would not work with my current prescriptions.

   Finding frames that fit my face is almost as hard as finding clothes that fit my body. I have a small face and not much of a bridge on my nose. The glasses that fit best are children's size, but they are  mostly made of plastic frames that would slide down my nose like a skier on a ski jump. I also prefer something a bit more mature looking.

   This means I'm stuck looking in the adult section. I prefer a thin frame since my lenses, even with high index plastic, tend to be pretty thick. I love the look of half frames, but that is not possible with my prescription. I also prefer something classic looking so I don't have to worry about looking strange. 

  A few years ago I found frames that I loved at Costco. I got compliments on them all the time. They were comfortable and fit well. The next year I had to get new frames again. I went back to Costco, but my new prescription was such that they could not make the lenses. I found a pair elsewhere I thought would work. They were cute, but were also too big. The nose pads could not be changed to silicone, the only kind that doesn't slide down my nose so I had to buy pads to stick on the nose pads to keep them on my face. I had to change them every three weeks or so when they would start to fall off. The bows cut into the back of my ears a few times and they were just miserable. I was looking forward to getting new ones.

   This year I was on the hunt again. I tried Costco, but they couldn't do it. I decided to go someplace I'd never tried before. I had looked there last year after I had already got new glasses and wished I'd gone there instead. 

   I walked into the store feeling confident that I'd find something. When I looked at what they had I wasn't so sure. The cute frames I remember from last year were not there. I prefer my frames to be either red or brown, two colors I know look good on me. There weren't any red and I didn't like any brown ones. I was determined. I wanted to find something. C found a few frames that were not the kind I usually wore. One was more round and gold. I tried them on. They were pretty comfortable. They had silicone noes pads. It was a style I'd never worn before, but looked all right. I decided that I would get those frames.

   The glasses would be shipped to me. It took a few weeks, which isn't bad. When they arrived, I tried them on. Out of the box they fit pretty well. Slight adjustments would be needed, that's always the case with new frames. 

  I like them a lot. They'll need to be adjusted a few more times, not unusual for me. I'm very happy with them. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project