A Day Off

 


   This past week I did something that I haven't done in a long time. I worked over 40 hours. One of the pharmacists tested postive for Covid which is a mandatory five days off per protocol. At the end of the five days, she still tested positive. That meant that she was going to be gone another five days. Since part of my job is to cover all vacations and time off, I covered her shifts. 

   It was busy and sometimes hard to keep up, but I also liked it. I got to interact with a lot of people. It was acutally fun.

   The downside was that the things I had planned to do at home did not get done. This was compounded by the fact that there was a winter storm this week. I was afraid that when I got off work Wednesday night, we would have trouble getting home due to poor road condtions. Since I had to work Thursday morning, we stayed in a hotel in Hudson.

   It was a nice hotel clean and comfortable. There was a hot tub and pool. Had I known about the hot tub, I would have brought a swim suit and had a soak before bed. It would have felt good after a long day at work.

  I got off work an hour early yesterday and we went home. We were both so tired that nothing got done except some unpacking and putting things away.

  Now reality is setting in. All the time I spent at work this week meant very little got done at home. There is laundry to do, dishes to wash and all kinds of cleaning to get done. The most important thing is that we need to practice our song for Sunday's Christmas sacrament meeting. I've practiced alittle bit, but not nearly as much as I'd like. We haven't practiced together at all. 

   Instead of relaxing after a long week at work, I'm going to be very busy. The first thing I'm going to do is start some chili in the crock pot. Then I'm going to put on some Christmas tunes and get to work. If I work hard I might be able to get a lot done. Tonight I might be able to enjoy some knitting time and a nice mug of hot spiced cider.

Time to get to work!

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project