Cheeseburger Omelet





  Every other Saturday C and I have breakfast at a local IHOP.  We've been doing this for awhile. I tend to order the same thing all the time. This is because many of the items have things that I can't or won't eat. I usually have an omelet and pancakes. The pancakes are my favourite, but I have to have the eggs because I need the protein. Otherwise I'll be hungry a couple hours later. I don't like eggs. I can't eat them plain that's why I have to order the omelet or a scramble. It's the only way I can choke the eggs down.
  I was getting tired of the same old thing. I went into IHOP today looking for something different. Maybe I'd try a crepe. Maybe I'd see if they have hash. Maybe I'd get French toast with a side of scrambled eggs. I could dump hot sauce on the eggs to get them down.
  We were shown to our seat. There was a sign on the table. It was advertising a new dish on the menu. It was a cheeseburger omelet. The inside was hash browns,hamburger and onion. It was covered with sliced cheese and topped with ketchup, mustard and pickles. It was just what I needed to break out of my breakfast rut.
   The server took our order. She said that she had never tried the omelet, but that it did look good. That was encouraging. We sipped on the drinks we and waited for our order.
   The wait seemed to be sort of long. I wondered if there was a problem and hoped that my omelet would not be cold. I do not like cold food.
  Finally a server brought the food. She set my omelet down in front of me. It was the largest omelet I'd ever seen. It looked like they had fried a hamburger, cut it up into small pieces and sprinkled it on the outside. I wondered what the heck was inside to make it so big. I picked up my fork. I was about to find out.
  The first bite was delicious. There were more hamburger bits inside and also perfectly done hash browns. The topping of melted cheese sliced with ketchup and mustard blended perfectly. I wasn't sure about the chopped pickles on top, but even they tasted good. If this was the way the cooked their hamburgers it would be a good place to get one sometime. I enjoyed every bite. It was just what I was hoping for. It was something different.
  There was only one downfall. It was way too big. The problem is that you can't box an omelet to eat later. Eggs do not reheat well. I ate the whole thing. I was seriously stuffed. I only had a small bite of the pancakes that came with the omelet. I only did that because I wanted to taste the blueberry syrup. I'd already tried the boysenberry. I thought it tasted like cough syrup. Fortunately pancakes do reheat well so I took them home in a box. In fact, I ate that omelet over six hours ago and I'm not even a little hungry.
  I'm not sure if I would order it again. Chances are it won't be there the next time we come as the sign said it was only for a limited time. Beside that it usually seems that if I like something on a menu, the restaurant removes it. That's what happened with the black bean chili omelet they used to have.
  If any of you go to IHOP, I recommend the cheeseburger omelet. If you plan to have it, make sure you come to the restaurant hungry.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project