We are at Home

We came back from Door County last night. It is a six hour drive or so and we make two or three stops along the way. We stopped in Green Bay for lunch at Curly's Pub located in the Lambeau Field complex. I am a Packer fan and it just wouldn't be right to drive by Green Bay without stopping. We also stop at a small cheese factory 20 miles away from Shawano to stock up on cheese. The best cheese can be found at small cheese factories all over Wisconsin. There are none nearby here so I have to stock up. It did occur to me that at least in the fall winter and early spring, I could have it shipped to me.
As much fun as we had on our trip, I am glad to be home. Towards the end of the week I begin to tire of restaurant food and driving from place to place. I like to get up early and have coffee with the innkeeper before the other guests come down for breakfast. I tend to lose track of how much coffee I drink and by Thursday my stomach lets me know this. (It doesn't help that it is brewed a bit on the strong side.) I start longing for the softer mattress on my bed and the thick quilt that covers it. I miss my cats. I miss my computer and the fact that the keyboard is set up at just the right height for me.
Last night we got home one hour late because of a snowstorm through central Wisconsin. We lugged all our stuff into the house and did a little rudimentary unpacking. Scamp and Colby were happy to see us. I was relieved, Sometimes cats do not like being left and will "act out ". I like looking at all the stuff we bought. It was a challenge getting all the wine put away. I underestimated how much I bought. Some of it is sitting downstairs in boxes on their sides. We put the cat bed we bought in the living room for the cats to play with. All the food we bought was stowed away in the pantry. All the kitchen utensils are set near the sink to be washed.
The immediate tasks done, we retired for the night. Snuggled up in our nice warm bed.
I got up early this morning to begin some organizing and to wash clothes and dishes. I wrote all the money we spent in the checkbook and picked up the mail that was being held. My next job will be to organize the shoes and to put summer clothes away. Despite my husband's hope for a warm up I don't think we'll be seeing shorts weather again.
There are some things about our trip I will miss. Our room had a small gas fireplace and the bathroom had a large whirlpool tub that I enjoy soaking in. I'll miss chatting with the innkeeper and the other guests (even if I do feel like a country hick sometimes). I know we'll be back next year.
Right now I'm just glad to be home.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project