Size 10

My husband needed a few new shirts to wear. His warm mock necks were all worn and I refused to let him wear them when we went on vacation. The day before we left we hit Kohl's to do a little shopping.
As long as we were there I decided to look for a few things for myself. I got a nice sweater and jacket set for my birthday and wanted to find a black skirt to go with it. I decided a new pair of jeans wouldn't hurt either. I found a few things, picked out my usual size and went into the dressing room to try them on.
They were too loose. I was in shock. Too loose. I've been exercising, doing some things with weights, but that was more because I wanted to tone up. I know that the exercise was helping me and I feel better when I do it, but I didn't think that I had lost any weight. I wasn't trying to lose weight. Every time I did try to lose weight I never did so I just gave up. I couldn't ignore the fact that I had the same size that I'd been for the last 25 years or so and the jeans that I had tried on were too loose. Way too loose.
I went out and got a size 10. I wasn't sure it would fit. The last time I fit into a size 10 I was in junior high. ( I was not a petite child.) Since you tend to get bigger as you age I couldn't imagine that a 10 would fit. With my luck a 10 would be too small and a 12 too large. Since there is no such thing as a size 11 nothing would fit.
I took the size 10 jeans into the dressing room and tried them on. They fit. Actually they were a bit loose, but I didn't want to go to the next size down. I felt like I had already tempted the fashion gods too much. Going to the next size (which I think would be an 8) would be a supreme act of hubris. Better not to go there. I gathered up what I wanted and went to check out. I still couldn't believe it. A size 10. Amazing. The work I was doing was actually showing. For once I left a clothing store with a smile.
Yesterday we left to go to Door County for our vacation. We stay at the same bed and breakfast every year. The innkeeper came to welcome us and he noticed that I had lost some weight. Holy Cow! It was actually noticeable to other people and I wasn't wearing anything that was really fitted. I guess I need to keep up the good work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project