The Birthday Column

 


   Today is my birthday. The sun is out. The sky is blue and it looks like it will be a wonderful day. I have a nice cup of tea to sip on. 

   I've already heard from my Dad, a missionary serving in Africa, a childhood friend, a new friend, and a man who I jokingly call my twin. (His birthday is the same day as mine, but one year earlier.) I have studied my Scriptures and worked out. I've even put away a few dishes that I washed last night.

   Today I'm taking a friend to lunch that I haven't seen in a long time. She used to be part of my Toastmasters group, but had to stop coming to meetings as she took a job working nights. We are going to a Indian restaurant that I have been to many times before. Today, I want to step out of my comfort zone a little. I want to try something I've never tried before. Since my friend knows a lot about Indian food, I asked her to help me. 

   I've decided that is what I want to do today. I want today to be about experiences. I want to make some memories. 

   In fact, that is what I want to start collecting. I want to start collecting experiences. I have plenty of teacups, tea pots, postcards, jewelry and stuffed animals. I want to have more experiences and less stuff. 

   Another thing I want to start doing is to do some things I used to do. I want to get back to regularly practicing my instruments and not just when I'm going to play someplace. I want to finish the needlepoint pictures I started many years ago. I want to try knitting something I've never knitted before.  I want to work more diligently on learning ASL and read some new books.

   I'm a happy lady who wants to share some of that happiness with those around me. Starting today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project