I Could Get Used To This



   Hi! This is Skamp. I like to spell my name with a "K" because it is unique, like me.
   Eight months ago Sophie did something really strange. She quit going to work. I was a little worried. Humans don't just stop going to work. I asked her what was going on.
   She explained to me that she had decided to stop working where she was at and work someplace else. She was working many hours and it was hurting her eyes and her hand. She also said that she was spending too much time at work and it was making her feel depressed and tired. She didn't like where she worked anymore.
   I could see that. She was hardly ever home. I didn't get groomed as often as I needed. I also didn't get an appropriate amount of attention.
   Not too long after she stopped going to work all the time, she found another place to work. I could tell that she liked it a lot better. She smiles when she goes to work and she comes home cheerful and happy instead of crabby and tired.
   The best thing about the place that she works is that she doesn't go every day. Sometimes she goes for part of the day and then comes home. The reason why I like this is because she has more time to spend with me. My fur looks really good because I get groomed nearly every day. I don't even mind that she combs my belly fur as long as she is gentle. She has time to help me stay in shape with our training equipment. (They are NOT toys.)
  Colby is happy too. Sophie knits more now and he can lay on her lap more often. He likes to lay on her lap. He doesn't even mind that she brushes him sometimes. He doesn't like to be groomed which I think is strange. Sometimes he lays on her lap when she's watching a video on the little screen she has in the house. Sometimes he watches with her.
   There is something different in the house. It feels better. C and Sophie spend more time together. They cook food together. I like to go in the kitchen and see what's going on. If it smells good I  jump up on the counter when no one is looking to taste it. I have discovered that I really like lasagna. I think it is because of rthe ricotta cheese.
  I could get used to this.  I like what is going on here. It makes me and Colby happy.
   It's time for my pre-dinner nap. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project