Social Media Interaction
One of the things that I do almost every morning is check my Facebook memories. It's fun to see what I was doing or thinking about and sometimes it give me topics to write about. Many of my posts were football related about either the Green Bay Packers or the NDSU Bison. Sometimes I find cryptic posts that leave me wishing I remembered what I was posting about.
At one point in time I was posting conversations between Scamp , Colby and me. Those posts were so popular that I moved them to their own Facebook page. I kept it up after we lost Colby and closed it completely once Scamp was gone. I could revive it again with Willow and Barnaby, but I just don't feel like it.
There aren't as many past posts in recent years. I haven't been sharing much on social media. Part of this is due to changed interests. I'm no longer the football fanatic I used to be. I'm turned off by a lot of aspects of the game now. There's a lot of money involved and betting is legal in many places. It no longer feels like the players play for the love of the game. It's all about money and putting on a show.
Another reason why I don't post as much is because over the years I've grown more liberal and progressive. Expressing some of my views on various topics does not feel safe to me. There was a time when people could disagree in a civil fashion. Those days are long gone. I'm not interested in creating more contention in a culture that seems saturated in it.
By social media standards, my life is not very interesting. Not much of what I do in a day is very exciting. Little things things to make me happy, like when my seeds sprout in the spring or when my carrot crop looks good. I may not have excitement, but I do have peace which is becoming more important to me.
I may share something I found uplifting or post a cute picture of one of the cats or write about something they've done once in awhile. I prefer to reach out to my friends directly instead of posting things. A conversation like that, even conducted via text is much more fun than counting "likes"
Comments
Post a Comment