Random Assorted Stuff

 



      Last week I took my parents to a store to buy some plants for their deck. We got a tomato plant, basil, a geranium, a lavender plant and six petunias. Once we got back to their apartment, I potted the plants. They looked good. When I visited yesterday, the tomato plant had a flower and the lavender plant looked like it had a flower bud as well.

   I bought a couple plants for myself which I put in our garden. I haven't had time to plant the carrot and bachelor button seeds that I bought. I have got this serious urge to get our garden started. I'm hoping to get some tomato, pepper, snapdragon and marigold plants today so I can plant them tomorrow. I'd do it today, but it's raining.

   Willow turned one on Tuesday.  I had to work, but she got extra treats and her favorite toy plastic springs. She's a small cat with long legs. She likes to run, jump and watch the animals in the front yard from her cat tree. She likes to play hide and go seek with me and with Barnaby. She loves Churu and doesn't like to have her claws trimmed. She is very good with company, allowing others to pet her. We are very happy that she lives with us.

   C and I are attending a church picnic tomorrow. Anyone attending is asked to bring a dessert and a side to share. I'll fully admit that I cheated on the side dish, we are going to bring a small veggie tray. The dessert was something I haven't made for a long time. We called them half hour bars. They are made with oatmeal, brown sugar, butter light corn syrup and a little vanilla. They are baked for a few minutes then topped with melted chocolate chips and peanut butter.

   This was one of my favourite things to make when I was a kid. I haven't made them in years. I found the recipe when I was reorganizing my recipe box. It was good to find it and even better to have an opportunity to make it again. I wanted to taste it once it was done, but it is considered bad form to bring a pan that is not completely full.

    My sister/friend Dana, works at a Catholic church of the edge of the eastern suburbs of the city. A bishop also works there and offers mass at that parish. I'd seen pictures of him and his name. The name  sounded familiar. Yesterday, I found the video of his ordination as a bishop. Out of curiosity, I looked up the announcement of his elevation to bishop and discovered that he was from the same town I lived in. I went downstairs to look  my high school yearbooks. He's two years older than me so I looked in my sophomore yearbook. There he was pictured among the seniors. I took a picture of it and sent it to Dana. I was strangely tickled. I can't remember the last time I ran into someone from the town I grew up in. It's a small world.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First is the Worst

Birthday

A Letter to RB