Rainy Monday

 



      When I got up today it was cloudy outside. I was pleased about that. It meant there was a good chance that it would rain. I know what the song says about rainy days and Mondays, but I wasn't down at all. In fact, I have been craving a day like this for a long time. A day where the weather forces me to stay inside and do some things that I have wanted to do.

    C and I had planned to go to the Original Pancake House for breakfast. I had been there once and wanted to introduce him to it. When I was there the first time, they had Palmetto grits on the menu. I had never seen grits in a restaurant this far north. I wanted to try them. 

    We got there fairly early and were shown to a booth. The restaurant has an open spacious feel to it. We ordered our meal and it came much faster than we expected. We sampled the grits and found them to be perfectly cooked. We both enjoyed our meals.

   The next thing we did was go to the big mall (Mall of America). After a big meal like that both of us needed to move around and walking in the big mall is a good way to do it. We hadn't been there in awhile. There were a few stores that were gone and some new places that had popped up. We stopped at the Apple store to see if we could get a new battery for my phone. The wait time was two hours, we decided it could wait. I wanted to see if there was a book I wanted at Barnes and Noble. They had the book and I bought it.

   Once we got home the next thing I wanted to do was laundry. I gathered up the dirty clothes and towels and took them downstairs. I put a load of whites in. Then I folded and put away the clothes and towels I washed a few days ago. With those tasks complete I filled my water bottle and went into the computer room. I had two essays I wanted to write. 

   While I was upstairs writing, C was downstairs working on a song. Outside it started to rain. Willow occasionally climbed on my desk to look at my work and try to catch the cursor. After wandering around the house she took a nap under my chair. Sometimes she would lie down behind the monitor. Occasionally I took breaks to read articles or to deal with the laundry. I could hear thunder outside. It made me happy. It's been a long time since we had a thunderstorm.

    A few hours later I had both my essays done. C called me to tell me he thought it would be a good idea to start dinner. I told him I'd come down. I grabbed a laundry basket and came down. We talked for a few minutes and then I went to move some clothes around. C started working on his writing again.

   It feels good to spend an afternoon writing and doing laundry. I like being able to stay at home and get things done. I'm grateful we are getting some much needed rain. After supper I'm going to being the laundry up to fold and put away. 

   Then all my tasks will be done.

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project