The Apology Column

 


    I owe all of you a big apology. Last night I wrote a column and sent it out. It may have been the worst column I have ever written. Part of the reason that it was so bad was that I was writing at 8 PM. I'm not a night or evening person. My best writing gets done in the morning, the earlier the better. By the time evening comes around, I'm starting to get tired and all I want to do is relax, which is not conducive to good writing.

   It's been a bit of a busy week. We found out a few weeks ago that the siding we wanted last year was being shipped. The company we hired to install it will be tearing off the old siding next week. There is a bit of prep work we need to do and we have been waiting for someone from the construction group to let us know what we need to do.

   Tomorrow is the Easter program at church. We're having it on Palm Sunday as the annual General Conference will be held on Easter weekend. (Conference is always help the first weekend in April.) I'm a little nervous for two reasons. The first is that we have not practiced together nearly enough and the second is that I wrote a bridge for the song. I've never written any music in my life and I wonder how it will sound. Also if I will be able to play it without making a mistake.

   Yesterday C went in for his second Covid shot. We weren't sure how that was going to go. Sometimes the second shot makes people a little sick. So far the worst is that his arm feel sore. This is pretty common.

   Thursday we went to a flower show at the Como Conservatory in St. Paul. It's a large glass building with several gardens inside. Four times a year one of the gardens is completely changed. This time of year it is spring flowers. The colour scheme was yellow and white with some hints of dark purple. I wished I could have taken my mask off because the small was probably wonderful. It was such a treat to wonder around the gardens again. They had been closed for many months. We went with our friends Ellen and Mac. After the show we walked around the outdoor Japanese garden. After that we ate at an Italian restaurant we like. It was a good day.

   Today it is raining. I'm happy about that. I needed to stay inside and get laundry done. When the weather is nice, C and I like to be outside walking and doing things. 

   I think I hear the dryer buzzing. Time to stop writing and get to the laundry.....

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project