Strange Things I Know

 


    I learned something new a few days ago. A store that sells hair care products that I like was having a sale. While ringing up my purchases that lady that helped me told me they'd taken the sulfites out of their shampoos because they make coloured hair fade faster. I didn't know this. When I got home I checked the internet to see if it was true. (It is.) then I checked the shampoo I was using that I had bought somewhere else. It had sulfites in it. The thing that really puzzled me was that it would be in a shampoo that was supposed to protect colour treated hair from fading.

  It made me think of other strange things that I know.

  I know that when drinking something from a boot (A boot shaped glass) the toes should always be pointed down. I was told that if you don't do this, you will end up wearing your beverage.

   I know how to wind yarn on a swift. A swift is tool that you put a hank of yarn on. It holds the hank so it can be wound into a usable ball. Otherwise I'd have to put the yarn around a chair back or have C hold it.

   I know how to use chopsticks.... left handed. One time I was sitting in a sushi restaurant enjoying a meal, a small child was sitting nearby watching a show on the TV on the wall. (It was late in the afternoon and there was a cartoon show on.) The child would stare at me during the commercial breaks. I had no idea why. I asked an Asian coworker who explained to me that it's rare to see a white person using chopsticks and even more rare to see one using them left handed.  According to what I have read, eating with the left hand is impolite. Bad news for someone who is left handed.

  I used to know the names of all the Miss Americas in order of reigns to 1971. I had read a book about the Miss America pageant. The book  had the names and pictures of all the winners up to 1971. For some reason I remembered the names. This knowledge came in handy when I was on a trivia contest team. We took second place because I knew that Miss America 1968 was Debra Dene Barnes.

   I  know the names of all the First Ladies including those that died before their husbands reached office. I used to know them in order. This was helpful when we had tests on the names of the Presidents. The only one I always missed was Buchanan because he never married. 

  That's all I can think of for now, so I'm going to end this, go into the living room and get some knitting done......

   

  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project