We Are at Home

 


      We arrived home from our vacation in Door County last Saturday night. We are happy to be home. Scamp was happy that we came home. (Although he expressed his displeasure at our leaving by soiling a pillow to the point where it cannot be salvaged.) We brought our suitcases and other items into the house and left them in our bedroom. We were too tired to unpack them.

   I did put away the things we had bought. I got a new pair of black shoes. We bought several pounds of cheese, a bottle of maple syrup, a present for a friend and a small oil from the innkeepers at the B&B where we stay. 

  Don't get me wrong. We love our time in Door County to the extent that we travelled during a pandemic. We explored several new places and found a few more that will have to wait until next year. However, there does come a time when you get tired of eating in restaurants and living out of a suitcase. I personally get tired of feeling stuffed. Whenever we eat at a restaurant on vacation I always finish my food. I can't just leave it sit. I paid for all of it so I feel like I must consume all of it. Which means that most of the time I feel like I've eaten way too much. 

  I like soaking in the big tub at the B&B while reading a good book. By the end of our trip, I'm ready to get back to my own shower and my own bed. Even though the cat sitter sent me daily texts of how Scamp was doing while we were away, I missed him. Even C missed him. 

  We've had a busy week since we got back. Doing mounds of laundry, delivering Halloween packages to the children in my Sunday School class and getting my eyes checked. I was supposed to get my eyes checked before we left, but my appointment got moved. I ordered contacts for the year.

   We've also made a couple of large purchases. C found a keyboard at a good price. He's been looking for one for a long time. He can compose music on a guitar, but it is easier on a keyboard. I'm getting a new pair of glasses. We had stopped at Costco to look at a few things. On a whim I went to the optical section to see if they took outside prescriptions for glasses. They do. I showed the optical employee my prescription and asked how much the lenses would cost. She gave me a very reasonable quote. My original plan was to have new lenses put into frames that I already own. She said they could do it, but that sometimes it didn't work well with frames that are older. I told her that I have trouble finding frames that fit my face. She told me that she had several frames meant for smaller faces and invited me to look at them. I found several that I liked including half frames which I was always told I couldn't have due to my prescription.

   She showed me a pair of round frames. I'd never had round frames before. I looked to see if their were other frames in that shape and found one that caught my eye. The frames are not completely round, but they are much different. I showed them to C and he liked them. I ordered them. It's been a long time since I've had new frames. I'm a bit excited about it.

   Today is cleaning day. I'd better get to it...…

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project