Christmas Cookies



   It's that time of year again. The time of year when I start getting the itch to put on my sweatshirt with the Christmas tree on it, get out the flour, sugar, butter, baking soda and powder and other ingredients and make some Christmas cookies. I want to dip some Ritz cracker peanut butter sandwiches in melted chocolate. I want the house to smell like gingerbread.
  There just one problem. There are only two people in the house. We can't eat all the things I want to bake.
   I know what you're thinking. Give them away. Take plates of cookies to your friends and neighbors. I'd love to do that, but that is another problem. Most of the people I know are either on gluten free diets,doing sugar detox, have various allergies to thing that are in cookies that I bake or trying to lose weight. I literally have no one to give cookies to.
  It's a bit sad. Baking cookies while Christmas music is playing on the stereo is about the only thing about this time of year that I enjoy doing. Beside that, what am I going to eat with my eggnog while checking out the NORAD Santa Tracker and watching Yule Log?  I'm not a huge fan of pie so Christmas cookies are my dessert for the holiday dinners.
  Maybe what I can do is scale back what I make. My cut out sugar cookie recipe doesn't make very many. I'll have to make the dipped Ritz sandwiches. C loves them. I could sneak in apple cider cookies. That would be something anyway. Maybe a batch of chocolate, dried cherry, walnut cookies. Walnuts and dried cherries are supposed to be healthy, right?
   I'll have to think about this a little more........

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project