Taking Celine Along




      I'm slowly coming around to the advantages of having a smartphone. It's been really helpful at work. I feel like I'm finally up to speed with my coworkers. I've even got a Bitmoji. It's been handy for checking email and Facebook.
   The thing I like most about my smartphone is the ability to text. I like texting. I've even been able to text my Dad which has been very nice.
   This week while we've been on vacation I've been using my smartphone to virtually take my friend,Celine, along. Celine recently moved to Minnesota and has never been in the Midwest before. As her friend, I've felt it my duty to show her  as much of this part of the country as I can.
   A few weeks ago when we went to  the North Shore I told Celine that I was going to "take" her along with me on our road trip. Everywhere we went I took a few pictures so she could see and then I would text them to her. It was kind of fun, sort of like keeping a little journal of the trip. It made me feel good to show Celine the beautiful North Shore.
   I decided to do the same thing while we are in Door County. Every day I send her a text of what we might be doing that day and then send her a few pictures of where we've been. So far I showed her the shops that we've gone to and pictures of the towns we have explored.
  Today was hiking day. I took a whole bunch of pictures of the scenery we were hiking through. It was an interesting experience for me. I've hiked these places once a year for the last decade or so. It's not really new for me. Taking pictures to show Celine has made me really look and see what is around me. I took pictures of the Eagle Bluff  lighthouse, the sun coming through the trees and water washing over white rocks near the edge of Lake Michigan.
  In the summer, the Northern Sky Theatre performs in an outdoor auditorium in one of the state parks. I took a picture of the stage from the audience and then took a picture from the stage.
  One of the state parks had a "selfie station". There is a small ledge that you can set your phone on. All you have to do is set your phone to 'timer' and get into position. It was actually kind of fun once we got it figured out. If you want you can share your picture to a Wisconsin tourism site.
  I had forgotten how much fun it is to share place that you like with someone who has never seen it before. We always have fun, but this has made it even more fun..
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project