Under the Hat Rack





  This is Scamp. I'm typing very quietly because I'm not supposed to be in here. C and Sophie do not know that I have snuck in here.
   When Sophie came in here to get some yarn, I snuck in behind her. Cats can move very quietly. I went to my new favourite hiding place. It's under the hat rack.
   I used to think hiding in the closet was the best place, but the hat rack is much better. Sophie has some big brimmed hats on the bottom of the rack. If I crawl in under them and lay right in the corner, I can't be seen. It's perfect. It's the best thing ever.
   Sophie has a lot of hats. I think there are about 43 of them on this rack. Only the hats are on the hat rack. The ball caps are in another closet. There are three more hats that are also in the closet with the ball caps. Two of them are too big for the hat rack. The other one is white and too delicate to be left out.
  My favourite hat is a reddish purple hat. It has cool looking feathers on it and a long black veil on the back. Sophie never wears it. She says that she has nothing to wear it with. She is right. I don't think any of her clothes would match that hat. She also says the black veil could get in the way. I can see that. She keeps that hat on the top rack. I'm sure it is there because she knows I will play with the feathers. She's right. I would, I like feathers.
  She has two round shaped hats that have flowers on them. One is white and the other is sort of a lilac colour. I like those too. They are pretty and the round shape looks really good on Sophie. I think she bought them in South Carolina.
  She has one hat on a top rack that is pink and black. It's got a black bow with a big black flower on it. There are feathers sticking out of the middle of the flower. You wouldn't think that it was the kind of hat that Sophie would wear. It is a bit wild looking. It looks really good with this black and white dress she has. She wears the dress with a pale pink light knit jacket.
   The hats on the bottom are the ones with big floppy brims. C calls them beach hats. I don't know why Sophie has so many of them. It's not like we live near a beach or anything. I know they like to go walking at the Arboretum. Maybe she likes to wear them there. I know that she likes to keep the sun off of her face and her hair.
   Sometimes I think that I would like to wear hats. The only problem is that I would have to have a hat big enough to cover my ears. Unlike Colby, I don't like keeping my ears folded tight against my head. I'm not sure that they can make at hat big enough to cover my ears and not cover my whole face.
   But then again, why would I want to wear a hat? A hat would cover my fur and I have gorgeous fur. No I don't think I would want any hats of my own. I'll admire Sophie's hats. That reminds me. I hear someone outside the door. I'd better scoot back to my hiding place before I get caught......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project