Pajamas





  Our last stop when we ran errands today was Target. St. Nicholas Day is coming up and I have a shoe to fill. Normally when I go to Target I know what I'm going to get. I get it and get out. Spending too much time there tends to result in buying things that we don't strictly need.
  C went to look at some cards and I headed for the seasonal section. I was hoping to find most of what I wanted there. The challenge is that I have to walk past the sleepwear section in order to get there.
  A word of explanation is in order here. Most women have something they like to shop for. It can be shoes, purses, tops, books, jewelry or any one of a number of items. I like to shop for pajamas. Walking past the sleepwear section in any store is a risky proposition because I will always want to see if there are any cute PJs that I can buy.
  I have a lot of pajamas. I have winter ones and summer ones. I even have transition pajamas. Those are the ones that you wear when it is too warm for the winter ones and not warm enough for the summer ones. I have a set of silk pajamas and two sets of satin ones. I have two sets Green Bay Packer pajamas. I also have two sets each of flannel and fleece pajamas. The cats like the fleece. They enjoy sitting on my lap if I am wearing them.
  I'm picky about pajamas. There are things that I will not buy. I do not buy slinky lingerie type pajamas. I prefer to keep covered even in the privacy of my own house. The bottoms have to be at least knee length and the waist must have a drawstring. I've learned that elastic waistbands get brittle over the years and then they don't fit so well. I like a top with short sleeves or longer. I've never been a fan of tank tops. I also like them large. I want to be comfortable.
  Back to Target... I walk past the sleepwear section when a pajama set catches my eye. It is a top and pants with shoes and other designs printed on them. I went over for a closer look. I see another cute set. The tops is   red long sleeved and made of knit material. The bottoms are a dark colour with a holly berries, evergreen sprigs and cinnamon sticks printed on them. I check to see if they have my size and they do. They are also on sale. Sold. I take my size off the rack and continue to the seasonal section.
  I spend a few minutes picking out a few things and then head back to the registers. This means another trip past the sleepwear section. I feel safe. I have a set of PJs and nothing else looked good to me.
  Then a saw another rack. It was sitting on the edge of an ails probably waiting for someone to put them out or take them to the back. On one end of the rack was a pale blue set of pajamas. I looked closer at the design. There were pictures of balls of yarn, scissors, mittens, crochet hooks, hearts knitting needles and cats. The words knitting and knitted with love are also printed all over the tops and bottoms. This is an absolute no brainer. I am buying this set. I have to. It has my favourite stuff printed all over it. For a minute I wonder if I should put the first set back. I decide not to. It's on sale and I could always use two pairs.
  I pick up a few more things and wander over to C. I have to confess what I am about to do.  C and I have been together for a long time. He understands and he also really likes the knitting set. I haven't bought new pajamas in nearly a year.
  Now to choose which ones I will wear tonight......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project