Optimism

As we were driving to Highland Park to drop off some guitars for restringing, C mentioned that the weekend was going to be a washout. He had checked the weather and it was supposed to rain. I was shocked. Normally C is optimist in the family. I'm the one that tends to see the half empty glass and the dark clouds on the horizon.
I asked him what the forecast said. The chance of rain was 50 per cent. 50 per cent? To me, that isn't even close to a washout. 50 percent means that there is also a 50 percent chance that it will not rain. I don't worry unless I hear 80 or above. I've been living here way to0 long to let such petty things like the weather get in my way,especially when C and I have a rare day off together.
He said he liked my attitude and we went on to do our errands.
I think my rare show of optimism was rewarded. We went to Trader Joe's for some dry cat food and they had it in stock. It seems like half the time we go there they are out of it. They must have just got a shipment in as the shelves were full. I got three bags.
Then we went to the Mississippi Market. It is a food coop in St. Paul. Since C has sensitive skin,we like to buy a certain kind of soap there. They also had some cinnamon clove toothpaste. This is another item I have been looking for. Toothpaste with mint in it gives me really painful mouth sores. The only non mint toothpaste with fluoride in it that I have been able to find is orange mango. It tastes all right, but it's kind of like brushing your teeth with a piece of Jolly Rancher candy. Your teeth just don't feel clean. I got two tubes.
Maybe I should be optimistic more often.....

I want to thank Jerry for his comments. The sun is shining right now. I plan to paint my toenails later today.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project