Christmas Eve

"Greeting cards have all been sent. The Christmas rush is through, but I still have one wish to make. A special one for you." 'Merry Christmas, Darling' The Carpenters
There are a few cards that have not been sent. Most of the presents that I ordered have arrived and are wrapped. For me, the Christmas rush is through. I have baked as many cookies as I can. The house has a few decorations. C has repaired the tree lights that Colby chewed through. It's Christmas Eve.
I will be going to work today, filling the last few prescriptions for people to pick up. Watching people rush around looking for last minute items. The store closes at 4 PM.
C and I will enjoy a dinner of chicken parmesan that we will prepare together. After we clean up the kitchen, the festivities will start.
The first thing we will do is find a TV station that has "Yule Log" on. Yule Log is a picture of a fire in a fireplace with Christmas music playing in the background. I prefer to mute the sound and play our own music. I'm hoping there will be a station with it on this year.
The other thing I like to do is get out C's laptop and log on to the NORAD Santa Tracker website. NORAD stand for North American Aerospace Defense Command and they have been tracking Santa's journey since 1958. According to the Santa Tracker website, they use radar, satellites and a Santa Cam to track the jolly fellow. They can track Santa using Rudolph's nose. In case you are wondering, I've logged onto the website and Santa has left the North Pole. Right now he is in New Zealand having come south out of the North Pole past the Bering Strait.
That is a little of what we will be doing this evening. I hope all of you enjoy an evening filled with happiness, doing whatever it is you like best.
Merry Christmas from all of us, C, Sophie, Scamp and Colby.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project