Loyalty Cards

I was cleaning out my wallet the other day trying to find something. It was stuffed with receipts,business cards, odd slips of paper and blank pieces of paper that were probably receipts at one time, but the ink has faded off. Obviously I need to clean it out more often.
One thing I have quite a few of is loyalty cards. It seems to be the trend in business today that if you give a business your phone number, address and email, they give you a card that is supposed to give you all kinds of discounts and stuff.
Some of these make sense Aveda,Petsmart,Petco,Hallmark,Godiva and Dunn Brothers. These are places I go to on a regular basis. Well...maybe not Godiva. Godiva is a special treat. I like the truffles and they have really good dark chocolate.
Some of them make no sense. I found MGM liquor warehouse, Famous Footwear, DSD Footwear,Breadsmith and PB Loco. I think I may have gone to MGM looking for some cooking wine once. I don't go there on any kind of regular basis so how did I wind up with a card. While I do buy shoes, I buy certain a certain brand that aren't found at discount shoe places. So how did I wind up with DSD and Famous? Maybe I bought some shoes for Carrie at DSD. C and I went to Breadsmith once. We like their bread, but have not had time to go there again. PB Loco was a store in the Mall of America that sold many different kinds of peanut butter. They had the usual chocolate peanut butter and banana peanut butter, but they also had more exotic flavours like curry and sun dried tomato peanut butter. (It sounds odd, but the tomato was not too bad...)They are not even in business anymore. I think I can throw that card away.
I have two problems with these cards. The first is that I forget to show it when my purchase is being rung up. That happens at Dunn Brothers a lot. I haven't had it for long so I forget to show it. I've probably racked up enough points to earn a free drink, but if I don't show my card, it doesn't count.
The other problem is that I lose them. I lost the Petsmart card almost right away. Come to think of it, I haven't seen the Aveda card in awhile either. The good news is that most of the time they can look me up by phone number.
We have several new ones added to the collection,Panera Bread, Axel's and the Chianti Grill. We'll have to see how much use we will get out of these.
For now I'm going to put these back in my wallet, except for the PB Loco and MGM warehouse ones. Maybe I'll remember to use them.....

Comments

  1. SA now has discount on gas for the first 30 days of use of your speedy rewards card. I haven't used mine yet. I guess you just swipe it at the pump.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project