Football

C likes to tell people that I am literally an answer to a prayer. He says that he realised that Heavenly Father would know the type of woman he should have in his life and asked for help in recognising that woman when he met her.
I'm certain he did have a few ideas about what he would like. She'd have to be good looking,educated, like music and some other things. Maybe he had a few daydreams now and again.
Then I came into the picture.
He's told me several times that I am more than he could have ever wanted. I tend to be a bit skeptical of that kind of talk. Then I realised there is one thing he probably wished for that he didn't think he'd get.
I like football.
I'm sure I'm not the only woman that likes football, in fact I know I'm not. The stereotype does remain that women prefer to do anything except sit in front of a TV on fall weekends and watch the game.
I started watching football with my Dad when I got out of college. Since most of the pharmacists I've worked with are men, I felt it was a good idea to start watching sports in order to be able to converse with my coworkers. Dad taught me a little bit about the game and I learned to enjoy it.
When C and I got married it took football watching to a whole new level. He used to play in high school. He was the star receiver. He can also read lips so he can tell me what the coaches are saying and he knows a lot about strategy, plays, and penalties. I enjoy watching games with C especially when the weather outside is bad and there is chili cooking in the crock pot.
This lead to other things like getting a Sports Illustrated subscription. I like SI and if I could get a subscription that stopped after March Madness (minus the swimsuit issue) I'd still be getting it. I like to watch SportsCenter when we go out to breakfast. I own Tony Dungy's first book. I'd like to go to Collegeville to see the St. John's Johnnies play and maybe go to NDSU to see the Bison.
There is one thing I think C wishes he could change. I am a Packer Fan. This comes from living in Wisconsin for a bit and being influenced by relatives living in Wisconsin. I own an Aaron Rodgers jersey, a Lambeau Field sweatshirt,wine glass and tree ornament and a Green Bay ball cap. This means that when the Vikings played New Orleans, I rooted for the Saints, not because I am a Saints fan but because a good Packer backer NEVER roots for the Vikes. Unless they are playing the Bears, then it is all right to cheer on Minnesota. My stepchildren do not understand this. I'm not sure C does either. It's a Green Bay thing.
If the Pack is not playing or is out of contention I have back up teams. I like Indianapolis because their former coach Tony Dungy is a class act and also the the Baltimore Ravens. The Raven's stadium has the Calvert-Crossland coat of arms on their playing field. I also watched watched the movie 'The Blind Side' and now have an interest in Michael Oher, who plays for the Ravens. I have also been known to root for the Giants (Eli Manning) now and again too.
Football season is looking pretty good so far, the Packers and Ravens have won their first games. The Vikes have lost theirs. It's early, anything can happen. I just hope that the Pack beats Minnesota this year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project