In the Closet

I was rummaging through my closet looking for something, when I found It. This happens a lot when I rummage through my closet. I find things I didn't know I had. Usually this is a good thing. The item I find is something nice to wear that I forgot I had or some other household good that could be put to use.
Not this time.
I pulled it out to take a look at It. I wanted to make sure It was what I thought it was. There was no mistake.
There was also no question how It got into the closet. I bought It, probably for some special occasion. I may borrow books or CDS and once in a while a DVD, but I never borrow clothes so It was mine. I couldn't blame it on a moment of weakness or being under the influence of anything. The care tag had the name of the store printed on it. It was not cheap.
It was also not one of my guilty pleasure items. You know what I mean. The things you like and you own, but would be embarrassed if anyone but those close to you knew about it. I have several such items, Barry Manilow's greatest hits, several 80s compilation CDs,a Cat Mom T-Shirt and an emergency bag of peanut M&Ms in the freezer. (This is the short list.)
Someone must have talked me into it, either that or I was desperate. I couldn't imagine buying something like It on my own. Maybe It isn't what I think It is.
I looked at It again. It was no mistake. There is a pair of back velvet pants sitting in my closet. If that wasn't bad enough they have an elastic waist and pattern running down the side of the leg. I've never seen anyone wearing black velvet pants. Skirts and dresses in the winter, but not pants.
What do I do with them? Obviously, I can't wear them and if I give them away I'll have to admit that I own them. I can't throw them away either. They still look good or as good as a pair of black velvet elastic waist pants can. I'm unable to throw anything away that is is usable.
Since I can't think of anything to do with them, I fold It neatly and put It back in the closet. I tucked it under my Aaron Rogers jersey and I piled some scarves on it for good measure. Since things disappear from the closet once awhile I'm hoping that the pants will too. Then the problem will be solved. Another thing that could happen is they could become fashionable.....
Somehow I don't think so....at least I hope not.....but then, bell bottoms came back......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project