Yum

I don't believe in hoarding recipes. If I find a good recipe for something and someone else wants it I give it to them. Gladly. The only reason to hoard a recipe is if it happens to be some sort of trade secret. Among us home cooks this does not apply so failing to share something is the height of selfishness.
I have lots of recipes that I've gleaned from the back of cans, from magazines and from people I know. Some of them I have made and some of them are waiting for just the right time.
You can tell which ones I've made by how the piece of paper looks. If it is pristine chances are I've not made it yet. If it is riddled with stains and slightly warped, I've made it several times. Several of them will have notes on spices and cooking time. A few of them will have one word written on them. Yum.
If I make something and it is a big hit I write the word yum on it. That way I know which ones are the really popular ones. (As opposed to the it's all right but needs tinkering.)
C's supervisor gave him a copy of a favorite recipe for shrimp and sausage in a spicy Parmesan cream sauce served with linguine, one that he makes for his friends a lot. He also prepared some of the spice mix the recipe calls for and sent it along as well. I was a little nervous when I saw it was a Food Network recipe from Emeril Lagasse. I was afraid that it would require hours of prep time or ingredients that you can't find easily in the Midwest. As I read it I saw that this was quite doable. I substituted chicken for the shrimp in the recipe as we are not big shrimp fans. (except shrimp cocktail)
We cooked it just like the recipe said and it went together well. The only thing I should have done different was to cook at a higher temp. Things cooked a bit slow.
It was fantastic. Easily the best new dish I've made. No tinkering required. I could even add peas to the peppers already in the dish leave out the meat and it could make a nice vegetarian meal for Jake and Mariah. All it needs is a salad and maybe some good bread on the side. It is quick, easy and good.
I put the recipe in a folder for safe keeping and then did wrote something I've never wrote before. Yumx2.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project