Random Thoughts

First I want to congratulate Drew Brees, the New Orleans Saints and their fans on winning the Super Bowl last weekend.
On Monday I tried to introduce a new word into football vocabulary. It was inspired by Peyton Manning's intercepted throw during Sunday's game. On my status I wrote," A quarterback who throws an interception during a critical part of the game has "pulled a Favre". I was wondering if anyone would comment on that. Two people did. One of them accused me of Favre bashing and said that Duante Culpepper was actually more of an interception thrower than Favre. The other person said that Culpepper shouldn't be compared to the great Favre who will still be in the hall of fame no matter what.
I don't think I'm bashing Favre, it is a fact that he tends to throw interceptions when pressured enough. He's been that way ever since I've started watching football although he did improve this year.
I think it could catch on. As a noun it could mean a good play that goes awry or as a verb the act of doing something that ends up going wrong. "Looks like number 37 is favring, the coach isn't gonna like that."
Saturday C and I reorganized a bookshelf and desk in the kitchen. We have a bag of paper to be shredded and another bag of paper to recycle. We can actually find things now and the desk closes the way it is supposed to. I found several cards that I bought for people and never sent. I'm hoping that I'll remember who they are and send them at the correct time. I found a Space Shuttle pencil sharpener and a copy of our marriage license. I may have to make a trip to the safe deposit box.
Jake and little Pat came over Sunday to watch the game. Sometime during the evening Pat said, "I love you, Oma."in that cute little sing song way that little kids have. Oma means grandma in German. Since C and I both believe that children should not call adults by first names, we had to come up with a title of some sort. I felt that I was too young for 'grandma', didn't like 'nana' or 'nona' (grandma in Italian) and since I'm married to 'grandpa' using the term 'auntie' would be too confusing. I like the sound of 'Oma' and it is easy to say. I smiled and teared up a little. He's such a cute little guy. I love you too, Pat.
My new dishwasher was delivered this morning and installed. It looks nice even though the fridge and stove aren't white. I think a new trend in decorating should be mix and match colours for major appliances. The man who installed it ran it through a short cycle to make sure nothing leaked and that it worked properly. It isn't an ultra quiet one, but it is much less noisy than the old one. It also had a child lock. Sometimes Pat likes to push buttons. Literally. I'm waiting until after supper when I have a full load to try it out.
Today I'm working on continuing education. I have to complete 32 credits every two years in order to keep my pharmacist license up to date. I need 12 more by the end of the month. I'd better get started. Good thing I can do them online.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project