I'm Not Ready for Christmas

 



   Christmas Eve is seven days from today and I'm not ready. I have one present I need to buy. I have a scarf I need to finish and ship. I've baked cookies but haven't made a plate to give to anyone, yet. I have little presents for my coworkers and am now wondering if I got enough. I realized that said presents need to be packaged somehow. I'm not sure if I have little gift bags or anything appropriate.

  We're getting the tree today. Hopefully we can get it decorated tonight because tomorrow I work all day.

   I'm really not ready. Did I mention I haven't sent out any Christmas cards either?

   We've been invited out for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I'm supposed to bring a dessert to Christmas Day dinner. I have  no idea what I'm going to bring. When we have Christmas dinner at home my dessert is Christmas cookies. I don't think that will work for a dinner with friends. I'm not sure if I'm going to squeeze in a little Yule Log time. (I really like Yule Log.) I know I'm not going to be able to track Santa through NORAD as I usually do. 

   This is why I'm not a big fan of the secular celebration of Christmas. It's one month of stress and trying to get things done with limited time and sometimes limited funds. All I really want to do is put up a tree and sip eggnog with the tree lights on, listen to good music and read a good book. Maybe contemplate if what I'm doing in my life is leading me closer to Heavenly Father or farther away. Perhaps look at ways I can make my corner of the world better or think of a kind act I could do for someone, just because. (Or cuddle with Scamp and be grateful that I have him)

   The usual housework isn't done there either. Dishes, laundry, sweep the floors, mop the floors and other kinds of cleaning. The house is a mess right now.

   I just need to take a deep breath right now and make a list of what needs to get done. Then do the list one at a time. Hopefully my coworkers will be all right with what I got them. (I'm much better at bigger presents than stocking stuffer things.) Do one thing at a time. It's going to be all right. January is right around the corner.....

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barnaby's New "Toy"

It Doesn't Feel Like Pumpkin Season

I've Got the Best Husband