Getting Organized

 


   It's January and I've been hit with my yearly desire to be more organized. Usually this manifests itself as a desire to empty every bookshelf and closet and then put everything back hopefully more neatly and getting rid of things I don't want or need.

   My first targets are going to be the three bookshelves we have in the living room and the bookshelf in our bedroom. The living room ones are seen by anyone who visits our home and I want them to be neat. I also want to be able to find what I want without having to dig around for it.

   We have one whole bookcase dedicated to church books. Some of them are ones I do not think we will ever use again. Others are paper copies of things that can be accessed digitally. My goal is to have all the church books in that one bookcase and in order so we can find what we want easily. We have another bookshelf with other books that is messy, there are papers and other items laying all over it. I want to straighten it out and maybe put overflow church books there.

  The bookcase in our bedroom needs to be dusted and straightened. My plan it to keep the books I really like there so they will be easy for me to find. I also keep my gratitude journals there. I have a few that are blank and some that are filled out. I want to organize them. There are also several stuffed animals on the bookshelf. I want to dust them off and also change them out.

   The next target of organization is the music room. That is the room where most of the instruments are kept. We've been tossing things in there for several months now. You can barely walk in there. I'd like to organize it so it can be used as a practice room as it used to be. This will also help my goal to practice my instruments more often.

   After the music room will be the living room closets. One of them is where I store my yoga mat, yoga bricks and the weights I sometimes use when working out. I'd like to organize that closet So I can find things easily and not have to dig. It would also be good to get coats, hats and mittens in better order should it get cold enough to need them. The other closet contains our cleaning supplies, candles, room sprays, incense and other items. We've organized it before so it shouldn't take much to put it back in order.

   The last thing I want to organize is the closet in the downstairs family room. We keep extra pillows and blankets down there. I want to organize it better and to keep sheets there as well. There are a lot of sheets in the upstairs linen closet, more than the closet can hold. It might be time to get rid of some of the flannel sheets since we don't seem to use them anymore. 

   I'd like to think that once I get all this done, I'll be able to relax and revel in the tidiness of my newly organized home. I have the feeling that once the organization gets done, the painting will begin....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project