Random Assorted Stuff

 


    Most of you who have read this column know that there are times when I have trouble finding something to write about. A lot of the time I have a few ideas but none of them can generate enough words to be a full blown column. That's where the random assorted stuff comes in. Today is going to be a few random thoughts not in any certain order.

   In a few hours the workers are coming to install a new garage door. It will be a steel door unlike our current wood one and it will match some of the trim on our house. It's going to make things look so much better.  Once it is installed, the only things that will need to be done are to paint the front door and some of the trim around the windows. The house will look much better after that.

   Anyone who owns a house knows that home improvements are never done. We need to reseal the driveway sometime soon. We would also like to paint inside. The downstairs family room first followed by my bathroom, the living and dining rooms, the kitchen and our bedroom with C's bathroom. 

   It is now cold enough to wear the lovely parka that C bought me as an early Christmas/late anniversary present. I was very resistant to getting a new coat as my faith pea coat was just fine. However having now worn it, I appreciate how nice and warm it is. The outside of the coat acts as a windbreaker which is pretty nice. The wool pea coat is warm, but the wind goes right through it. I'll still wear the pea coat when it is near freezing with no  wind, because it still looks good. (at least to me)

   I've been giving my library card a workout. Our library system has an online catalog. It's not as good as walking through the stacks looking for books, but it isn't bad. The problem is that when I'm walking through the stacks I can go to different categories of books and search. It's not as easy to do online. On the other hand, online I'm not limited to books that are in my local library. Three of the books that I picked out yesterday are already here for me to pick up. 

   Barnaby is settling in to life with us. Willow has decided that she likes him and they play together. It's especially sweet when they nap near each other. One thing I have to do is clean his ears every day. As a rescued barn cat, they are pretty dirty. He doesn't like having the inside of his ears swabbed, but I like to think that after it is done he is more comfortable and his ears don't itch as much. He is a gentle and playful kitten who enjoys a good snuggle and likes to purr. We feel fortunate to have him in our family.

   On the Saturday after Thanksgiving,  two of my stepdaughters along with two of our grandsons, came over for dinner. I made lasagna and served it on the china I got from my Mom. It turned out well and we had a lot of fun. I think this is something that we should do every year. Lasagna is easy to make, does not contain turkey and most people like it. I had fun getting out the china and eating on it.

   Since I wasn't able to find skirts in local stores or on any online store that I normally patronize, I ordered two skirts from Amazon. The thing I didn't like was the lack of a sizing chart. There is no standardization when it comes to women's clothes so having a chart is important. I hope I ordered the right sizes and I hope the skirts look as good in person as they did online. We'll see when they show up...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project