Birthday

 


   Today is my birthday and it's been a good day so far. The sun is shining. 

    Willow and I shared a morning cuddle session. She's getting so big. I'm trying to teach her how to balance on my shoulder so I can get things done and still have her with me. She's doing all right, but insists on sitting up on my shoulder which isn't the most stable position.

   I got a happy birthday text from Mickey who has known me longer than anyone. It occurred to me that we have been friends for over 50 years. That makes me happy.

   C went off to play pickleball and I did a restorative yoga class. We went biking yesterday and really pushed it. The class felt good. I had to work around Willow who decided to take a quick nap on my yoga mat.

   I baked a hummingbird cake for my birthday cake last night. I put it into a Bundt pan instead of making a traditional layer cake. It turned out well. I put some cream cheese glaze over it this morning and I am pleased with it. I'm going to try making a carrot cake that way to see how it works.

   Yesterday I went to breakfast with someone I admire, but never met in person. It was a wonderful breakfast at a place I'd never been to. I'm going back there with C. They have Palmetto grits on the menu.

   Today we are going to get some deli food. Dana is working at a Catholic church nearby. We're going to have a picnic with her at the church. Then we're going to walk around somewhere and see what there is to see. 

  With a start like this, it's going to be a very happy day!


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project