This Is the Good Stuff

 


      C and I had an appointment to see our new insurance agent this morning, our former one having retired. We spent about five minutes talking about insurance and the rest of the time just chatting, well actually C spent a lot of that time telling all his funny stories. We had a good time getting to know each other, In fact as we left, the agent said it had been a long time since she laughed that hard.

    We decided to stop at Target to pick up a few things. There were only two things on out list, but by the time we got to the checkout our basket was full. I got a bottle of conditioner, some craisins, a bag of coconut and cough drops. None of this was on the list, however they were things that we needed. I was planning to make some granola.

   I was craving a sandwich for lunch so we picked up one at a sub shop. C decided that he wanted some soup. We took our food into the house and had lunch. We watched a couple episodes of the old Night Court. 

   While we were sitting there a warm happy feeling came over me. This is the good stuff. This is happiness. Two people who love each other having lunch in their house planning what to do with the rest of their day. 

   One of the gifts that time gives you is the ability to appreciate simple things. Like having lunch with your spouse. Running errands. Doing household chores together. Grooming the cat. Knitting a blanket while the cat sits on your lap. 

   This is the kind of thing I wish for everyone. I wish everyone could have times in their lives where it doesn't take much to make them happy. 

   I've always been told that getting older is a bad thing. That being young is the best. I'm not so sure. I don't think that I could appreciate then a lot of what I appreciate now. I also think that getting older allows you to see what is important. 

    This is the best time. This is the good stuff.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project