New Email Address

 


   Recently I'd been noticing that the emails related to my church calling were getting lost in all the other emails that I get. To be fair, most of what I get now is from a website I like that sends recipes and weekly updates from work and other pharmacy related things.

   I set up a new email account for just church related emails. I set it up with a generic address. Maybe the next person who gets my calling can take over the email and can see all that was done before she came on board. 

   The next thing I did was to email all the people who would need to know my new address and tell them. That wasn't too hard.

   A week later I was wondering why I wasn't seeing any church related emails. Then I remembered. I have a separate email for church things. This means I have another email address that I have to check at least once a day.

   I check email on my phone way more often than on the computer, so I downloaded an app that would allow me check my email. That part was pretty easy. When I turned on notifications it said there were eight unread emails. I checked. There were only three and I had read them all. Where were the extra five coming from? Since it bugs me to have the little red bubble showing unread items, I turned the notifications off.

   When I went into my new address to check my email, I discovered I had several more set up type items to attend to. After 20 minutes of toggling back and forth and doing different things I gave up. All I wanted was a separate place for my church emails. I didn't need a calendar or any of the other bells and whistles that I was being asked to set up. (Although it would be nice to be able to import a contact list...)

   I'm sure that things will go much more smoothly once I have used the new address for awhile. Until then I will just have to be patient. ( and maybe wear a baseball cap to keep from ripping my hair out.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project