The Dress

 


   C and I were going for a walk after a celebratory lunch at Café Latte.  We passed by a store that had a cute dress in the window. That store must have a very talented person doing their displays because many times when we pass that store I see cute things in the window. 

   We walked by and continued our walk. 

   On the way back to our car I asked C if he minded going into the store to look at the dress. He said it was all right so we went inside. I went to the rack of dresses in the corner. Of course they didn't have the dress in the window in my size. (Although they had it in every other size including extra large.) There were other dresses that were the same style but in different colours. Actually they were different patterns as these dresses were in various floral patterns. I chose one in a size that I thought would fit and tried it on. It fit tighter than I like so I put it back. 

  C had spotted on in a rainbow like pattern. It was kind of cute. They didn't have the next size up from the size that I tried on. Rats. I really liked the style and wanted to try on one that fit. We found one in a size that was going to be a little too big. 

   Once I had it on I really liked how comfortable it was. It was sleeveless, which meant that I'd have to wear a little sweater over it to cover my arms. No matter. I was pretty sure that I  had several things at home that would work just fine.

   I stepped out of the dressing room to show C. C was a bit ambivalent about the dress. When I looked in the mirror, I could see why. I am very pear shaped and the skirt part of the dress was ruffled like the dresses you'd see on a 1920s flapper. For my body type this is probably not the most attractive choice. It definitely emphasized my hips. 

  However, I really wanted the dress. I felt pretty in it and it was sort of vintage looking. It was also really comfortable. I thought about it for a few minutes and then decided I was getting it anyway. Part of the blessing of being the age that I am it that I've become a bit less self conscious about my looks. I'm  also getting tired of being conservative clothing wise and wanted to have one thing that was fun.

   I bought the dress. It would be perfect to wear in warmer weather. I could and probably will wear it to my birthday lunch. I smiled happily as I took the bag from the saleslady. Now to think of a place to wear it.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project