My New Stuff

 


   Hi ! This is Skamp!

    Mom had had a hard week so I am giving her the day off from writing. 

    I have really good humans. They take good care of me. I get groomed every morning. I get to have yogurt and some baby food every morning. I'm not sure if the baby food is considered a treat since Sophie hides medicine in it. I guess the yogurt isn't a treat either since it is healthy, but healthy things can be treats, can't they?

   A few years ago I asked for a tree in a pot. At Christmas the humans bring a big tree into the house and decorate it. I like to lie under it and chew on it. I like to drink the water that it sits in. The humans put things on it for me to bat around if I wish to exercise.  I wanted a tree in the house all year around since I don't go outside too much. Also the trees outside are too big.

   I'm happy to say that the humans have brought a small tree into the house. It doesn't look like a tree. It looks more like a tall bush. It has branches though and maybe when it gets bigger it will be more like a tree. Sophie says that it is called rosemary. I think that is a weird name for a tree, but humans do strange things. C loves to rub the leaves and then sniff his hands. I have to admit that it does smell pretty good. Sophie says that sometimes humans flavour their food with the leaves from this tree.

   The humans have been bringing things into the house all week. There is a box of dishes sitting on the dining room table. I know there are some books in the garage. Sophie's mom is moving to another place and didn't need some of the things. Sophie took some of the things we could use. 


   One of the things they took was something called a rocking chair. It is a chair that humans sit in when they want to move, but want to stay in one place.  Humans are really strange. Sophie told me that this is a safe chair to have with me in the house because it is a glide rocker. There is another rocking chair that has long rockers on the bottom and those could hurt me if I get too close to it.

   The first night we had it, the humans took the bottom cushion off and put some on my blankets on it. I guess they were afraid of me peeing on the chair. When I jumped on it it moved a bit but I didn't mind. The blankets on the seat were very comfortable and I took a nice nap there. Yesterday they put the cushion back on. I jumped into it and settled in. The cushion is very comfortable too. I enjoyed a nap. One thing I like about this chair is that I can see through the window without having to sit in the cat tree. In the winter the window gets cold and I don't like to sit too close to it. Now I can watch what's going on outside in perfect comfort. Very handy for my job as Chief Watchcat.

   I love my humans. They are so thoughtful. I will let them sit in my chair when I am not using it. Now I'm going to take a nap.

 Bye!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project