Welcome to the Team



   Five emails came in quick succession. This was followed by a text message and a Facebook Messenger alert. One by one I opened the messages.  The first one started out "Welcome to the Team." This was good news. It was official. I had been hired.
  This was a job I had wanted a long time ago. When I last worked in Wisconsin, there was a pharmacy across the highway in the competitor grocery store. While the place that I worked in was nice, the upper level management was not. The store across the street was much more popular. It also seemed like their employees were treated better by upper level management.
  I found a different job in Minnesota and the rest is history. When my little independent pharmacy was closed in January, I dropped a resume off and talked to the pharmacy manager. There were no openings, but she would keep me in mind.
  Right before Thanksgiving, I got a message. There would be an opening soon, was I still interested? Yes! Absolutely! Over the next month there was online things to fill out, a job interview and an offer. Then there was the background check and a drug test. There were a couple hiccups along the way. I got the wrong background check form sent to me. Then I reversed two numbers when I put down my Social Security number. All was fixed.
  The pharmacy manager and I were both hoping that I could start before New Year's. Unfortunately the orientation session I have to attend is not going to be held until after the first. It's all right though. There are a few things I need to do. I need to get a frame for my Wisconsin license. I need to get a copy of my immunization certification. I have to print a copy of my current credential. I have to find my lab coats.
  I spent yesterday filling out on-boarding forms and getting the documents I'll need to take with me to orientation. It was happy work. I'm really excited to be working in this store. I'll be working with a tech that I've worked with already. I also know the store manager and the floral manager. As a bonus,some of my friends who live in the area use that pharmacy. It's a good fit and I'm thankful.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project