A New Year



   Last year at this time I was sitting at my computer reviewing my year. 2018 was mostly quiet except for the last few months. Last year at this time I was a couple weeks past the first and hopefully last surgery I will ever have. I was on the mend, feeling better and looking forward to 2019. It had to be a good year. I had a good job, I had new work friends that had been an amazing support to me. 2019 was going to be a great year.
   Well... it wasn't. Those of you who have read this column already know all the not so good things that have happened this year. I could rehash them along with the things that I wanted to do, but didn't get done.
   I'm not going to. Instead I'm going to look at some good things that did happen this year.
   I learned several things this year. One of them is that I am perfectly capable of being a good relief pharmacist. I'm not handicapped by my need for a stable workplace.(Although I prefer to be at a store rather than work relief.) I learned that I need to trust my instincts. Every so often throughout my life someone will make me feel uncomfortable for no apparent reason. I've learned that every time I feel this way the best thing to do is to keep this person at arms length. Eventually the reason for my discomfort becomes clear. I'd gotten away from trusting this instinct this in 2019. Another lesson I learned  was that when someone shows you who they are, believe them.
   I met my goal of finishing the Personal Progress program before I turned 50. I got a certificate and a medallion to mark the occasion. I also got a necklace with a piece of stone from the Minnesota St. Paul Temple (Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints). This was sent to me from a friend who mentored me through the experience. I was touched that she did it.
  I celebrated my 50th birthday the way I wanted. I took several friends out to lunch at a nice restaurant in St. Paul. I invited my adopted grandmother, some long time friends and a new friend that I had just met. A good time was had by all. I got my birthday teddy bear. He is named Charleston. If I squeeze his left foot a recording of C wishing my a happy birthday and telling me that he loves me plays.
  I'm in much better shape physically, mentally and spiritually. I didn't realize just how much the anemia had affected me. I have more energy. My hair is mostly grown back and I just look better. Last year the surgeon told me that I would feel like a different person. She was right.
  Last but not least I have a new job. It's in a place that I wanted to work at 20 years before. I'm working with one former coworker. I already know some of the people who work at the store. I'm very excited to be working again and working at this job. It is part time so I can continue my volunteer work. It's a community pharmacy so I can do what I do best. The company is very stable and committed to sustaining the pharmacy. It's a very good fit and I'm really looking forward to starting work next week.
  Like last year I'm looking forward with hope and anticipation. 2020 will be a good year.
Happy New Year!🎉
from 
Sophie,C, Scamp and Colby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project