Crow Pose



     Over the years I've been taught that the best way to get anything done is to make a list of goals. Then you prioritize the goals and come up with action steps and benchmarks for completing each goal. This has always sounded like too much work. I have trouble thinking that far ahead mainly because something usually comes along and disrupts everything.
    Finishing Personal Progress before my birthday was the only goal I'd set for myself. I figured that barring some major catastrophe I could get it done and I did. Now I find myself wanting to take on another project. Nothing really big and nothing that involves needing help from anyone else. Something I can work on.
   As many of you know I've become interested in yoga. Not enough to want to teach it, I'm too scared to even leave my house to do it publically. One of the things I've noticed is that starting my day with a little yoga makes me feel good. I don't feel tight and flabby. I feel stretched and energized. I can even say I feel a bit calm. (a rare treat these days)
   I wonder if I could do something yoga related. Maybe I could work on trying to do a more advanced pose. Advanced being a relative term  of course.
   One of my yoga videos showed the beginning of a pose that looked interesting. The pose is side crow. It looks like you put your hands on the mat, face and chest off the ground twist at the waist and bring the lower half of your body to rest on one elbow with your feet off the ground. Clearly this is not something I'm ready for. Since It's a side version there must be a straight version. There is. It's crow pose.
   Crow pose is kind of like doing a headstand where you put the top of your head and both your hands on the floor and them stand on your head. The difference is that you don't put your head on the floor and your knees rest on the back of your forearm. I'm not real good at explaining it so you may wish to Google it if you are curious about what it looks like.
   Suffice it to say it looks advanced enough to present me with a challenge, yet simple enough that I can actually do it. (Unlike the splits which require flexibility that I don't think is possible.) Perfect for me.
   When you have a goal the next step is a plan for how to accomplish it. My plan is to practice this pose at least once a week, twice if possible. My goal is to be able to do it and gold it for at least two minutes by the end of January. Time to roll out the mat!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project