Big Blue Rug



  Hi This is Skamp!
   My birthday was about a month ago. I am 11 years old. Except for a couple white hairs on my back I still look very good. I don't mind the white hair much. Sophie says it makes me look distinguished.
   I got a birthday present from Sophie and C. They gave me a big blue rug, it's made of wool which comes from sheep. Sophie said that she bought it at a blanket factory in a place called Faribault. It is made from the remnants of material not being used for blankets. It's very nice and good to lay on.
   They laid it on the living room floor for me. After giving it a good sniff, I laid on it. It feels really good. I rolled on my back. It is nice and soft. I like the colour too.
   There's only one problem with it. Colby keeps wanting to lay on it. I tell him that he needs to stay off of it. It's my birthday rug. Mine. Colby says that if it is on the floor that he has an equal right to lay on it too. I have to admit, the blue does really set off his orange fur well.
   Sophie said that the rug is large enough that both of us can lay on it without touching each other. That is true, but she just doesn't get it. It's MY rug. When I told her this she reminded me that I am the house therapy cat. She also reminded me that as the older brother, I need to set a good example for Colby. I can't argue with her.
   Colby and I have decided on a compromise. If he is laying on the rug, I will lay elsewhere. If I am on the rug, he will go someplace else. This seems to be working although sometimes he lays on the rug when I am on it. At least he sticks to one end.
   Maybe I can convince Sophie to get Colby his own rug for his birthday in July.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project