People Are Crazy





  Hi This is Scamp and Colby. Sophie has been working a lot lately so we decided that we'd better write the column for her.
  We've been surfing the internet the last week or so. We know that Sophie doesn't like us to surf the internet unless she is there to supervise. We do it anyway because we'll never find out what's going on in the world if we don't.
  Quite frankly, we are shocked at some of the things we are seeing. One of the things that we are seeing is humans being mean to each other. I mean really, really mean. I saw a picture of a message about black lives don't matter spray painted on a wall. We saw pictures of strange looking crosses that look like spiders spray painted on walls as well. I asked Sophie what those were and she told me they were called swastikas and that it was a symbol of Nazi Germany. The she explained to me what that meant. It made me sad. Colby read reports of people who were being harassed and threatened by other people.
   We were reading some of the comments that are posted on the end of news articles. Many of them are mean too.
  Reading all this stuff made Colby and I really glad that were born as cats. I don't know that I'd want to be a human right now.
  One of the things that we noticed is that some of people who were being harassed don't look like everyone else. Some of them have skins that are darker or more tan. Some of the people were women who wore scarves that cover their whole heads. We just don't get it.
  Cats are not like that. The only times we get violent is when we are killing our food or defending our territory. I've been told that female cats will also become violent if their kittens are threatened. We don't attack other cats because their fur is a different colour.
  It's funny because most people think that cats are wild animals that only have instincts. Yet we seem to behave better than humans around our own kind. I remember reading once that a cat my size (This is Scamp, by the way.) has a brain the size of a walnut. Yet, I think I'm more civilized than some of the humans I've been reading about.
  The only way to explain it is that these humans must be crazy. There's no reason to be mean to others especially others that you don't even know. I sort of feel bad for people who feel they have to be mean like that. It takes a lot of energy to be that angry for long periods of time. I know, I tried it. I had to take a nap for a few hours after because I was so tired.
  This is Colby. I hope someday that this stops. It's very sad to watch. Maybe the fact that I'm an orange cat makes me more sensitive. I don't like to see people unhappy or scared.
  We are both glad that we are not humans. Right now it seems much safer to be a cat that has a good home to stay in.....
 
 
 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project