Breakfast at Junior's





  I like going out for breakfast. There so many breakfast foods that I like that I don't or can't make for myself. Some of my favourite meals have been breakfast.
  Today we needed to run some errands and C suggested that eat at Junior's after we finished our errands done. I couldn't say yes fast enough.
  Junior's is one of my favourite places. It ranks up there with IHOP, Julie's Park Café, The Village Café (both in Door County), Eggs Up Grill on Pawley's Island and Another Broken Egg Café on Charleston SC. They serve breakfast all day long. They also have lunch and dinner as well.
  I like the décor of the place. There are all kinds of pictures on the wall. They have Three Stooges, Barney Fife and one of Mohammed Ali and the Beatles. My favourite is a picture of Jackie Robinson stealing home base. You can eat at the counter or sit at a table. It's fun and friendly. You can sense this as soon as you walk through the door. The only bad part is that it is very small, We've been lucky in always being able to find a table.
  There is a lot on the menu. I like it because they have Mexican food on the breakfast menu. One of my favorites is the quesadilla breakfast. It's eggs, vegetables and cheese between two tortillas served with salsa and sour cream. My new favourite has been heuvos rancheros. It's two eggs with salsa, black beans with tomato, jalapeno and a little onion, chorizo and hash browns. The chorizo is wonderful. I don't claim to be a connoisseur of it, but this is really good and spicy. The black beans are excellent too. Next time I think I will try the heuvos benedicto. It's like eggs benedict, except with chorizo instead of Canadian bacon and the hollandaise sauce has chili pepper in it.
  They also have omelets, eggs and various items, biscuits and gravy, pancakes, French toast and cinnamon and caramel rolls. C likes the everything omelet. It has just about everything in it.
  C and I have a good time when we eat there. Wehave made grocery lists and planned trips to the Arboretum there. We've discussed football and other things. It's hard to feel sad and upset in a place that has a picture of Barney Fife that says "Bloodhound of the Law". We've never had bad service there and the food come out fairly fast. If you sit at the counter you can watch the cooks work.
  Another thing we like about it is that it is close. It takes us maybe 10-15 minutes to get these and it is near all the stores we like to shop at. It's the perfect place to stop either before or after we run errands. It's nice to have a place like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project