Progress Report

Hi! This is Scampurrrr. I am also called Scamp. A few months ago my brother Colby and I decided to reorganize the duties we have at this house. The stress level of the humans was getting pretty high. We decided there was need for a therapy cat. I decided to step down from my position as Chief House Cat to be come the Chief Therapy Cat. Colby agreed to step up and become the new Chief House Cat.
I must say that our job switch has worked quite well. I like being a therapy cat. I enjoy all the petting and grooming sessions required to make my humans feel better. Sometimes I just look at them with my stunning green eyes and they pick me up and start to cuddle me. I can also nap wherever I want. I don't have to nap near the windows or in the living room. As much as I enjoyed looking after the safety of my humans, I like this job much better.
Colby is a natural CHC. Every morning he likes to patrol the hallway and make sure all the doors are shut. He sniffs everything and everyone that comes into the house. He is very businesslike about it and he does a thorough job. He's very non threatening too. No one seems to mind when he checks them over. He also makes sure that he investigates all bags and packages inside and out.
Colby is smart too. He has an action plan in place for when we hear anything that might be trouble. In our old plan my job was to jump up on the ledge in the living room while Colby headed into the hallway. He felt that that plan would not work in a situation where there was a threat. When Colby and I hear something suspicious, I jump on the dining room ledge. That way I have a good view of the front and back doors as well as the front windows. From there I can give an alarm cry to the humans if I need to. Colby runs under the dining room table and conceals himself under a chair. His job is to look for any hazards on the ground and deal with them as needed. Since he is hiding no one will see him until it's too late. Isn't he amazing?! What a brilliant plan!
I know that he really enjoys the job too. He likes to nap on Sophie's floor cushion. He may look like he's fast asleep, but he can snap into action immediately. I was never good at that. I prefer to stretch and fluff my fur so it doesn't mat.
Colby's new project is learning to open doors and drawers. He feels that this is an important skill for a cat to have. He says that intruders can hide in drawers and in doors so it's good to know how to chase them out. He also thinks it's good to be able to find where the food and training tools are kept. (They are training tools, not toys.)
I'm glad that we did this job switch, now we are both doing jobs that involve using our strengths. I'm going to take a nap now. Bye!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project