There's a Strange Light in the Sky

A few columns ago I pleaded for some sunlight. Not much, just a little. All I wanted was a few days without rain so that people would feel more cheerful and I could get my plants in the garden. I didn't ask for 80 degree weather. I didn't ask for the streak to continue for a few weeks. That would be greedy. All I wanted was few days,preferably one of them on a day I have off.
I guess someone must have heard me because for the past few days there has been a strange light in the sky. I can only assume it is the sun. I'm seeing things I haven't seen for a long time,like shadows. When I look up I see the colour blue. I thought perhaps I was going colour blind because when I looked up all I saw was gray.
Days like this must not be squandered. I had a hair appointment this morning. after that I went to lunch with a friend. It was a small restaurant/wine bar that I'd never been to before. It was new and bright with olive oil vats along the walls and pitchers shaped like fish. I met Carol there and we had a good talk. The food was wonderful. I had a turkey sandwich with lettuce, cheese and some sour cherry chutney. There were some chips, sliced carrots and cucumbers with a container of dill dip on the side. Yum.
It was good to talk to Carol again too. I hadn't seen her in awhile. We had some catching up to do. She'll be back to Toastmasters soon and then I'll see her a bit more often.
Helen had told me a few weeks ago that if I needed more plants I should let her know. Some of the plants she gave me last year survived, but some did not. I loaded the back of the car with boxes before I headed to my appointment. Helen said that she would be home and that I could come over and get some plants.
Helen is the one of the most generous people I know. I arrived boxes in tow and told her that I needed plants that would grow well in the shade. She had several for me. I can't remember all the names but one was lily of the valley. Two of them had purple flowers. One was an herb with pretty small white flowers and there was another that would put out yellow blossoms later in the season. She got a small garden shovel out for me and I went to work. In a short time my boxes and buckets were full. I loaded them in the car, returned the shovel to Helen and thanked her. I have no idea where I'm going to put all these plants, but I will find room. There are many bare spots around the deck. I can now covered them.
When C gets home from work we are going out on a date. He likes to go out on a date on Wednesday nights as it helps to break up the week. We are going to walk on Summit Ave and have dinner at a restaurant we like nearby.
I'm hope this weather will last for a few more days.......

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project