Super Bowl

 



   This year for what felt like the first time in several years, C and I watched the Super Bowl. I've given up watching football, at least pro football because it just wasn't any fun anymore. I enjoy watching college football, preferably small schools, where the players play because they enjoy it, not because they are planning to enter the pro draft.

   Another reason why I didn't  watch past Super Bowls was because I was tired of seeing Tom Brady and his team in the game. The game always seemed to be Patriots versus another large market team. It was a given the the Patriots were going to win. No fun.

   We both thought this year would be a good year to watch the game. Although we hoped  that Detroit would be playing, the San Francisco- Kansas City matchup would be an entertaining one. There was the added benefit of not being a big fan of either team, although I would admit that I really wanted Kansas to win.

   The first thing that we did on Sunday afternoon was to put the big screen TV in the family room. We had put it away when we had the new flooring put in downstairs and had not got it out. I was glad that we had the cords we needed and the remotes nearby. Everything worked. We pulled two comfortable chairs out of the storage room. They had also been put away during the flooring installation. We placed some low tables we had near the chair for snacks. 

   The next thing we needed to do was prepare the snacks. C was in charge of cooking the chicken. He likes to fry seasoned chicken breasts and then cut them up. We eat the pieces with barbecue sauce. While he did that I made some pizza rolls. It was a new recipe that I wanted to try. I had to modify it a bit because I was using larger tortillas then the recipe required. I took the rolls and put them in the oven to bake. While they baked we got out some queso dip and some sour cream dip. We pulled out bags of corn and potato chips and I carried them down stairs.

   The pizza rolls were ready to come out of the oven and they looked really good. I put them in a bowl and put a plate on top to keep them warm. As soon as they were cool enough I tried one. It turned out well and I was happy.

   The game had just started when we had all the snacks downstairs. We divided the chicken between us and began to eat. In between pieces of chicken I ate the pizza rolls. They were soooo good. Definitely making this recipe again. Maybe several times.

   It was a good game. Even the commercials weren't too bad. Once we finished eating I started taking the food and dishes upstairs during commercial breaks. I didn't want to leave it downstairs if we weren't going to eat it. 

   Neither of us wanted to watch the halftime show. We took the opportunity to put things away and put dishes in the dishwasher. After half time I brought down a book to read. I started reading after the Kansas quarter back threw an interception. I really wanted KC to win and wasn't interested in watching them lose. Things started getting better and the score was tied. The game went into overtime and I went upstairs. (Did I mention I wanted KC to win?) I read until C sent a text to let me know that KC had won. I went  downstairs again to watch the trophy presentation. Once that was done it was time to go to bed. 

   It was a good night for me. I got to eat junk food and watch most of a good game on TV. C is always good company during games and the cats hung out with us. We'll have to do it again next year.....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project