A Dangerous Place

 




    Recently I discovered that yarn stores are dangerous places for me to be. I went into the store with a hank of yarn that I wanted to use in my 10 stitch blanket. I needed to find a yarn that I could use with my hank as the yarn in the hank is to thin to use alone. My plan was to just buy the yarn that I needed to use with the hank and nothing else.

   Then I got to the yarn section. My mother went with me to help find the matching yarn. We looked at several colours and nothing really looked right. in the process, I picked up a skein of yarn in a pretty blue colour another in lavender. I also picked up a skein of white and found another skein of grey that I liked.

  We walked around looking at all kinds of yarn and many different. We started walking out and walked past another display of yarn. Mom paused to look at it and informed me that this was the correct colour to use because it had a blue tone to it. I pulled out two skeins to purchase before Mom pointed out that the yarns did not match in thickness. I searched through the display until I found two of the dye lot. (side note, my mother has Alzheimer's so the fact that she did this was pretty impressive to me.) I put back the gray that I had originally picked up as well as the white. I selected a cream colour instead. I came out of store with five skeins of yarn instead of the one or two I planned to buy. I also got two colouring books for Mom. She loves to colour.

   This is not the first time this has happened to me. The hank that I brought in was an impulse buy. I have a skein of emerald green merino wool yarn, two balls of super chunky grey yarn a ball of self striping grey and lavender yarn and a ball of sick yarn. I also have two hanks of handpainted viscose cotton blend and two hanks of handpainted sock yarn. The latter was in a kit with a link to a pattern that is no longer available.


      

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project