The New Place




     There was no trip down Maple Grove Road for us this year. No drive under the yellow canopy of leaves that led us to our former home away from home. Instead we pulled off the highway and drove to the small white building that was the office for the hotel we are staying  at this year.  After we checked in we brought some things things into the hotel and found our room.
   It is on the first floor and facing the back of the hotel. The bushes in front of out window give us some privacy.  Inside the room was a large bed, a chair, a table with two chairs, the jacuzzi and the wet bar. It wasn't the homey room we had enjoyed before, It did look comfortable and it had plenty of space. We found a cart and got the suitcases.
   After we brought out the suitcases we went to find something to eat. When we got back to the hotel, I did a little exploring. The website said there was a pool and a hot tub. I found both of them. The pool was small, but large enough that I could swim some laps if I wanted to. 
   I went back to the room, dug out my swimsuit and told C I was going to try out the hot tub. There was no one there. I found the controls and turned on the jets. The hot water felt good. I moved around a bit so the jets hit my back, hip and legs. Other people started to come in. I sat in the tub for awhile and then decided to swim the pool. I didn't bring my swim cap with me but I swam anyway, two laps. I learned a couple of things. The first is that I can't hold my breath as long as I used to. The second was that I was woefully out of practice. I enjoyed myself and will swim another time.
   Saturday morning I had my usual soak in the in room jacuzzi. The only thing that was different was that the jacuzzi was not in the bathroom. I moved around quietly as I didn't want to wake C up. The water was warm and wonderful to soak in. I examined the tub controls. There were a lot of things to look at. I'd have to wait until later to try them out.
    One thing I was curious about was color therapy. The hotel website mentioned this in the room description. Yesterday I found out what this was about. The tub has a light in it that changes color. It was fun to watch all the color changes.
   There are things I miss about the B&B. I miss the homelike atmosphere of our room. I miss having tea and knitting in the common area sometimes conversing with the innkeeper or fellow guest. I miss the breakfast. 
   There are other things that compensate. I have a pool to swim in, the hot tub, a coffeemaker that I use to heat water so I can have tea whenever I want. We have a fridge and a microwave in our room. I have a table that works well as a desk so I can write.
   It's not the same, but that's all right. We are in Door County and we are together. That's what matters most.
 
   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project