We Are Here

   It's been a long week. This week was the second second week using the new computer software. We also resumed Covid vaccinations this week. I was originally scheduled to work two days, but the my boss asked if I could work a middle shift on Wednesday and Thursday to help out. Of course I said yes. I'm always happy to help out, I could work on my packing and housework before and after my shift.

   I didn't expect to be  so mentally drained after those shorter mid shifts. The new software is a little more labor intensive. I was also giving Covid vaccine to people who were upset being vaccinated. Most of them had to get the vaccine due to mandates. I'd come home from work wanting to do nothing more than eat dinner and rest. I couldn't do that, There were dishes to be washed, clothes to put away. I needed to get Scamp's food and treats organized for the new cat sitter. I had to choose what knitting projects and books I'd take with me. I needed to figure out what clothes I would pack.

   Those things eventually got done although we have a bunch of tomatoes that will rot on the vine because I didn't have time to harvest them and cut them up to freeze. I was packing until ten o'clock last night.

   This morning I woke up at three thirty. It was too early to wake up, but I couldn't get back to sleep. I tried all the tricks I knew to get back to sleep but nothing worked. I noticed that C was awake too. We talked and the next thing we knew it was five and time to get up.

   We got ourselves cleaned up, got the suitcases into the car and took out all the garbage. I washed the few dishes that needed cleaning and made a travel mug of tea for the road.

   We stopped to grab a quick breakfast and headed out. We listened to a Frank Sinatra CD and then a Brad Paisley CD.  We made good time as we drove through Wisconsin past Chippewa Falls, and then past Wausau. At 11:30 we stopped in Shawano for some lunch. We had hoped to eat inside, but only the drive through was open. They didn't have enough staff to open the dining area. We got our food and sat in the parking lost to eat.

   We got into Sturgeon Bay at one. We couldn't check into our bed and breakfast until three. We drove around the city. We found some places that we like and a couple places we thought we might visit. Finally we decided to head up north. We took the back way to the bed and breakfast. It was a nice drive.

   The innkeepers were there when we openend the door. It was so good to see them. One of the things I look forward to is catching up on all the things that had happenend during the year.

   Right now we are relaxing in our room. We caught the last end of the sunset in Sunset Park. My clothes for tomorrow are all laid out. I have a towel and book sitting next to the jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. 

   It's good to be here.

   

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project