Little Things Make Me Happy

 


   One of the things that I've discovered as I 've become older is how little it takes to make me happy. 

    For example, once I finish writing this column, my to-do list is done. It's all done. All the chores that I needed to do will be complete the minute I hit publish. Even though there wasn't much on the list, it did include things like sweeping the floors, mopping the kitchen, cleaning Scamp's drinking fountain and bringing my checkbook up to date. Yes, I still have a checkbook with  checks that we reconcile every month.

   Yesterday I went to a bakery called Nothing Bundt Cakes. All they make is Bundt cakes of various sizes. A few years ago I signed up to get a free Bundtlet (small cake) on my birthday. I went there to pick up my  birthday Bundtlet. To me it seemed the Bundtlet was larger than it had been last year.. Even though it might actually be the same size, I'm still happy. My confetti Bundtlet was very tasty. 

   C and I also went for a long bike ride down the Cannon Valley Trail yesterday. We biked about 25 miles. I'm happy about the fact that I have a good bike and that I can ride that far. I'm also pleased about the fact that I was only a bit stiff this morning when I got up. 

   One of my techs gave me a bag of fresh cheese curds for my birthday. When I say fresh curds I am referring to curds that come from a cheese factory, not those breaded abominations that you can order in restaurants and bars. They were delicious. It makes me happy that I live near Wisconsin where I can get cheese curds.

   Recently I ordered a dress out a of a catalog. Several things about this purchase made me happy. It is available was that it came in the colour I want and the size that I wear. It is also on sale.  How about that! How can that not be reason to be happy!

   As I'm sitting here writing, Scamp is laying across my shoulders. This is something he's done since he was a kitten. I would put him on my shoulders to carry him if I needed my hands free. Now sometimes he climbs up or is put up just because he wants to be close. He's purring. Unless you are allergic to cats there are few things better than a contented purring cat. (He just jumped off scratching my neck in the process.)

   I'm happy that I remember the five ASL words that I learned watching a video yesterday. I'm happy that my latest batch of sun tea turned out well. I'm happy that I still have some baked oatmeal that I can eat for breakfast tomorrow.

  I could go on and on about all the things that make me happy, but I think you get the point. Have a good rest of the week. I hope you find a lot of things that make you happy. 

   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project