Happy Birthday C



   It's C's birthday today. I have no present for him and our budget doesn't allow dinner at a fancy restaurant. I've told him in the past that I feel bad about that.
   He has the same answer every single time. He says,"You are my present." I always thought that was his way about making me feel better about not having kind of material gift for him.
   Then I started to think about it. He and I are in the same boat. We are at an age where there is nothing we really want as far as material goods are concerned. We have enough of what we need. We have our health. We have some good friends. We have our faith. We have each other. Do we really need more?
   Instead of spending money on him for his birthday, I'm going to spend time with him. I think we'll walk around the Mall of America. We might go to Como and look at the flowers. We may even go to Cafe Latte for a piece of cake. I'm not sure. It will be whatever C wants to do.
  In the end that's what is going to mean more to us. We don't need more stuff to clutter our home. We can always use some good,happy memories to "clutter" our minds.
  Happy Birthday C!
Love Sophie, Colby and Scamp

Comments

  1. Happy cluttering to both of you..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jerry! We had a good time and walk at the Mall of America! I ate 2 whopping hot dogs from A and W and fries! Miss you and Susan! It's past time for another pizza at Carbone's!

      Delete
  2. We had a wonderful day! Got good exercise walking at the Mall of America. It wasn't crowded and the food court was just waiting for us! I love spending time with my beloved and anywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project