Bitmoji




   There are all kinds of things I can do with a smartphone. I can text, take pictures and text them to people. I can use the counting app when knitting. I can look up Scriptures. I can get directions to anyplace I want to go.
   One thing I discovered I can do with my phone is use an app called Bitmoji. This is an app that allows you to make a character that looks like you. You can dress this character in various types of clothing or costumes. You can use this Bitmoji on social media and texting. (I still haven't figured out how to use it on Facebook.)
   I really like Bitmoji. I am lucky in that my character does look quite a bit like me. (She has more hair than I do though.) I even found hats that look like hats I own to put on my Bitmoji. Here are a few reasons why I like Bitmoji. (These are in no particular order.)
  There are a wide variety of pictures with different types of text to choose from. For instance if I search for hello, I get Hellooooo?, Hi!, Yo!Hey You! and Hello sunshine. There is even a choice of Hi Honey where the Bitmoji is wearing a bee costume. If I search on cats, I can find pictures of my Bitmoji with a cat on her head,one of my Bitmoji and a cat brushing their teeth,a picture of my Bitmoji in the rain with cats coming down and my personal favourite "Happy Caturday". It's fun to send these to people. I wish they had some Bitmoji pictures that involve knitting. The only one I can find is one where my Bitmoji is wearing a T-shirt with a picture of a cat on it. Over the head is the word purrfect with a ball of red yarn.
   Another thing I like is that you can change the clothes that your Bitmoji wears. This summer my Bitmoji was wearing a red print dress and a straw hat. While we were in Wisconsin and the Brewers were in the playoffs, my Bitmoji wore a Milwaukee Brewers T-shirt and hat. Now that it's colder out my Bitmoji is wearing a sweater, an infinity scarf, pants and a blue hat. (My Bitmoji always wears a hat just like I do in real life.) I do wish the styles were a bit more varied, but oh well. 
  The last thing that I like is that it gives me the ability to be more expressive. You can send smiley faces and sad faces, but it doesn't always get the feeling across like a Bitmoji can. For instance, If I look up happy there are six Bitmoji pictures with various happy facial expressions. There's also one that has a picture of the Bitmoji in a field of flowers with a blue sky above and the sun shining. There's a picture that says "Woo Hoo!" on it. Another where the Bitmoji is standing with in a shower of confetti. (fully clothed of course). There are pictures of a crying Bitmoji and one where the Bitmoji has a grey cloud over her head. To me this gets the point across much more clearly than a sad face. There is one Bitmoji where the Bitmoji's face is circled by flames. Pretty clear that that is anger. The one with smoke coming out of the Bitmoji's ears is pretty clear too.
  The longer I have this cell phone, the more things I find I can do with it. I'm careful though. I pay attention to my screen time. (Which as of right now is 1 hour and 32 minutes....)
 


   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Things

Released

Looking for A New Project